Features of Cona S4 R
- Long oil life – shell Corena S4 R's reduction in maintenance costs makes it possible to achieve oil change intervals of 10,000 hours (when approved by manufacturers), even if the air temperature at the compressor outlet reaches 100°C. Under certain conditions, replacement intervals can be extended to 12,000 hours.
The modern formulation of Shell Corena S4 R oil allows you to extend the service life of the oil thanks to:
- Exceptional resistance to temperature and chemical degradation.
- Resistance to deposits on rotating elements in screw compressors and in the grooves of vane compressors ensuring continuous operational efficiency.
- A small amount of sludge formed, which allows to maintain excellent cleanliness of the internal surfaces of oil/air separators, as well as in coalescing systems.
- Oil change intervals depend on the quality of the compressed air, operating conditions and environmental conditions. In humid and hot climates such as in the Asia-Pacific regions, it is recommended to shorten the replacement intervals below the recommended 10,000 hours (we recommend checking the oil manufacturer's recommendations).
- Excellent wear protection
Shell Corena S4 R provides exceptional protection for internal metal surfaces against corrosion and wear. It contains an excellent package of zinc anti-wear additives, which significantly extends the service life of the most vulnerable to mechanical damage components, such as bearings and gears.
- Efficient operation of systems
- Shell Corena S4 R ensures fast air release without excessive foam production, which ensures trouble-free operation, even in the case of periodic operation, ensuring reliable start-up and constant access of compressed air.
- Shell Corena S4 R has low volatility, resulting in less evaporation and less oil transfer in the compressor, providing fewer refills and better air quality.
- In addition, Shell Corena S4 R is characterized by good water separation parameters ensuring continuous, effective operation, even in the presence of water.
Application of Cona S4 R
- Vane and screw air compressors
Shell Corena S4 R is suitable for use in injection and splash lubrication systems in single and two-stage air compressors.
- Harsh working conditions
It can also be used if there are high temperatures and humidity.
- Gear and circulating oil
Perfect for use when gear oil, circulating oil or oil containing antioxidant and anti-rust additives in ISO VG 32-68 viscosities is required. In these cases, it provides additional benefits due to increased resistance to deposit formation, improvement of fluidity at low temperature and lowering the operating temperature of the devices.
- ISO 6743-3:2003(E) L-DAJ
Miscibility of the product
it is miscible with mineral oils, but the addition of mineral oil reduces the operational properties of the oil. Precautions should be taken when mixing Shell Corena S4 R with certain types of synthetic oils.
- Seal compatibility
- Shell Corena S4 R is compatible with typical paints and seals used for mineral oils.