Shell Gadus S2 U460L 2 (Darina R 2) grease. Packaging 18 kg
The product, based on an inorganic thickener and a specially selected base oil, provides satisfactory lubrication also outside the operating temperature range of lithium-based lubricants. The base oil component in Shell Gadus S2 U460L is a high-quality, solvent-refined, high-viscosity mineral oil with excellent oxidation and evaporation resistance. Oxidation stability is also improved by the addition of a special high-temperature oxidation inhibitor.
Properties gadus S2 U460 l2
- Shell Gadus S2 U460L grease provides a long service life in applications where expensive synthetic or silicone lubricants would be needed
- The special high viscosity base oil in Shell Gadus S2 U460L grease makes it particularly suitable for grease lubrication of heavily loaded low-speed bearings.
- Shell Gadus S2 U460L grease can be used at temperatures above 200 degrees Celsius with caution, but only as long as the re-lubrication process is adapted to this.
Operating temperature range
A special thickener increases the stability of the oil base and extends the life of the grease and its maximum operating temperature.
Grease life varies greatly from application to application, even for bearings operating under very similar conditions.
Variables such as airflow, dirt and moisture can have a significant impact on the properties and service life of the grease. The expected service life is likely to be significantly reduced under less favorable conditions.
- Viscosity ISO VG / IP 71 / ASTM D445 :460
- Capacity: canister 18 kg/ 20 l
- High temperature resistance: very good
- Heavy load / EP resistance: good
- Water resistance: good
- Resistance to mechanical stress: very good
- Vibration resistance: good
- Lubrication of plain bearings: recommended
- Lubrication of rolling bearings: recommended
- Lubrication of fans, blowers: recommended