Cleaning and degreasing are very important elements in the gluing process. Only proper surface preparation ensures good adhesion (adhesion) of the adhesive to the bonded material. Loctite brand products for surface cleaning and preparation are either water-based or solvent-based. A wide range of products allows you to select the optimal solution for a given application.
Which cleaning / degreasing product should I choose?
When selecting a product, consider factors such as:
- what is the expected drying time of the product - how fast is it supposed to evaporate?
- can the product leave a residue?
- what are the health and safety requirements? Can the product smell / should it be somewhat odorless?
- compatibility of the cleaning agent with the cleaned material - especially important for plastics
Types of Loctite and Bonderite cleaning products
- cleaning agents and surface preparation before bonding / sealing
- preparations for removing workshop dirt from parts, tools and surfaces
products for removing old seals and their residues
- hand washing paste
- agents for degreasing products during and after production, which provide temporary protection against corrosion, agents for degreasing before painting
- preparations for removing varnish and its spatter
- descaling and etching agents
- products for washing public transport vehicles (buses, trains), passenger cars, trucks, trailers, etc.